Friday 22 February 2008

Louis is responsible

Chatting to my chum Louis (see http://cheeseford.blogspot.com/) last night, he suggested I start a blog. I did have a go once before, but found I was knee-deep in twaddle before I got to the second page. Also, there are so many excellent blogs out there, Louis' being a very prime example. He writes so well about virtually everything, it is a joy to read but somewhat intimidating. Or, rather, would be if he wasn't such a great bloke. We work together, many miles apart, doing an odd little online-based research job, plus whatever else comes our way. Thankfully, there is always time to chat, have a laugh and share obscure music tracks (him to me). I don't share his great passion for The Sensational Alex Harvey band, but I did see them at the Charlton Athletic ground many years ago and they were excellent.

I do love writing and so, here I am, giving it a stab. On the same day, another chum and colleague, Jill (see http://www.thebookbag.co.uk/) wondered whether I might like to review books for her website. Mmmmm, conspiracy of sorts.

2 comments:

Louis Barfe said...

I'll happily take the blame for getting you blogging, my dear. Welcome to the world of thinking anyone gives a toss what you think. xxx

Sylva said...

It's true, I know.