Wednesday 4 June 2008

blur and oasis


The rest of May slipped by, in shudders of anxiety about one job, and uncertainty about another. The latter has been resolved, but the former still hangs over me, so I haven't been feeling very ticketyboo for a while and lying low at home. A couple of weeks' break from the art course also didn't help, as I felt somewhat lacking in the motivation to do anything without being prodded. Still, I have been busy: weeding, mainly. And some nice social, although at one do, I was declared "gobby" by a rather unpleasant woman. Perhaps she didn't think I would know what it meant? Anyway, I shall abandon all thoughts of social chitchat and mingling if I get that sort of thing thrown at me. Still, at the same do, Richard and I were declared to be "groovy", which is a lot lot nicer.
Richard took the old girl out on Saturday: we went for one of our occasional long walks in London, this time along the Thames Path, over Tower Bridge and then down to the Brick Lane area to catch up on some student art summer shows. Saw some fantastic design pieces and chatted away merrily to some of the students. The whole day was a great tonic, but sadly not good light conditions for photographs. Thank goodness for Photoshop.


2 comments:

Louis Barfe said...

Still uncertainty? Bah. How's all otherwise?

Sylva said...

How nice to hear from you! We are doing well, thank you, with the usual caveat of lack of regular work, etc. Nice crop of beetroot this year! Spending too much time looking and listening to obscure stuff on YouTube.