Sunday 6 April 2008

princess margaret serves me ice cream

After a late curry on Friday night, I had a very odd dream about attending a medieval royal wedding at which Princess Margaret served me coffee ice cream. Very peculiar. I'm not known to think much (or a lot) of the royals, although I have been known to lust after an ice cream from time to time. Last night's epic (after a sherbet or two) was equally bizarre, but thankfully forgotten. I dream a lot: recurrent themes are singing (usually in a made-up language) and driving a car from the back seat (no prizes for that one). My favourite is the flying dream, in which I soar over buildings, checking out people's back gardens and the like. An excellent way to travel - cheap, low on carbon emissions and plenty of leg room.

1 comment:

Muffin Administrator said...

Coffee ice-cream, eh? My favourite, especially with bits of coffee beans in, though a good strawberry is lovely too, and of course Joe's famous vanilla from Swansea, a veritable institution.

When we were living in Canterbury, we used to call on an elderly chap there called Arthur, mainly because he used to bless our aged doggie, which she seemed to like. Arthur loved to tell of the day he met Princess Margaret, and shared a conspiratorial tobacco moment - "I hear you smoke a pipe, Arthur? Let's have a little smoke together". Unfortunately, that was the punchline of the story, bit of a last gasp, I reckon.